Proper libertarians seek a world where you can make your own plans, work to achieve your own goals, keep what your earn, and not worry about the next legislative session of government taking it all away. Your God-given life is yours to live as you see fit according to your own understanding of what that means. Libertarians want your life to be whatever you want your life to be. Libertarians believe that you have the inalienable right to decide for yourself what's best for you and to act on that belief so long as you equally respect the right of other people to peacefully do the same. People are usually better off when they can work out their own problems through voluntary cooperation without interference from the interventionist hand of government.
The libertarian ideology of voluntary government, taxation is theft, separation of school and state, and especially the non-aggression principle means ridding ourselves of the Romanist U.S. Constitution and returning to the first Continental Congress to put American government on a proper libertarian footing. The coup d'etat at the 1787 Articles of Confederation Convention in Philadelphia produced more foul smells that hot summer week than those from the adjoining stables, enabling a mere 22% of a white male population to kill America's first plan for government (the Articles of Confederation) and ram a Romanist strong central government down the throats of the remaining 78% of the white male population as well as 100% of the white female population, 100% of the black male and female populations, and 100% of the indigenous American male and female populations. Kudos to those few remaining liberty-lovers amongst the voting elite at that tragic time who managed to append remnants of the Articles in the form of ten appendments, known today as the Bill of Rights. But the Romanist Constitution eliminated the Articles' prohibitions on war and empire.
30 Americans die each and every day on average from gun homicides. Compare that to 39 for a whole year for Britain (see the Times, 02 Jan 2013), which is less that 1 a week. Canada too has very few gun deaths compared to the U.S., which loses 50,000 Americans to gun homicides every six years. This was the total American deaths for the whole of the Vietnam War, which was a 16 year long war! America triples that every 18 years! I don't know about you, but I remember no one who wanted to go to Vietnam - most of us dreaded conscription mainly for that reason. So why would anyone want to come to Amerika? It's 3X as deadly.
Worse, too often gun-toting cops in America go to the wrong house and innocent people are shot and sometimes killed. I remember the Cleveland cops spraying a car with over a hundred bullet holes not long ago in which all the occupants - unarmed, crime-free, with never a criminal record - died horribly. Tim Russell and Malissa Williams had no weapons or drugs, just fear that the cops would do what they eventually did - kill them. I remember reading 3 years ago how Lima cops raided the wrong house and killed a young mom and shot her baby on her lap, mistaking the baby for a weapon.
People in support of gun-happy cops will sing a different tune after a cop has a dyslexic moment and breaks down their door rather than their neighbor's. I pray they don't make the mistake of thinking their firearm will protect them in the event of a botched raid because it won't. If you answer the door carrying your rifle, as is your 2nd Amendment right to do, you will be blown full of holes by the cops, especially if they're answering a domestic abuse call or doing a drug raid.
A police state might be Amerikan, but it is not American. That whirring sound you hear might just be a police chopper going to the wrong address, or more likely it is our founding fathers spinning in their graves. Maybe the Libertarian Party has a plan to reduce Amerikan gun homicides? The Demopublicans don't seem to have one. Yanks are currently shooting each other dead at the rate of 11,000 a year - every six years they surpass the U.S. total death rate for the whole of the Vietnam War. Meanwhile, 80 more Americans were shot to death today while Obomb'em and his drones continued Bush's state terrorism around the world. This drone killing is on a "Skynet" scale from the film The Terminator. When will voters stop giving their votes to Demopublicans?
Help Ohio by making a donation to the Libertarian Party of Ohio.